Ellie's 1st birthday celebration started this weekend with a Minnie Mouse Party...her official birthday is Thursday, November 11th (Veteran's Day). I have to admit, I am still a little girl myself and love all things pink and sparkley. I didn't want to get out of control with her 1st birthday, since she will not remember it at all, but it still a special occassion and I wanted her to look back on pictures and know how special and how loved she is! I was all over the place with ideas, so I finally decided I need a theme and went with the classic Minnie Mouse. I had help from lots of crafty and creative friends and family and was VERY pleased with the outcome of the party. Esteban sometimes jokes that he is worried because Ellie doesn't have many little people friends (that live around us), but I was thankful for that the party was mostly adults. We will have years of little ones running all around to enjoy...but I felt like it was crazy enough getting ready for my 1st "kid" birthday party.
The first step to the party planning was to chat with Mrs. Carolyn Lewis (she is the mother-in-law of my friend and co-worker, Katie Lewis. Mrs. Lewis lives a few miles away and LOVES babies...especially Ellie). Mrs. Lewis also LOVES to do anything that involves paper crafts. She has a one of my dream rooms- a room in her house fully stocked of paper cutting machines, ribbon, glitter, cool markers, and more...it's wonderful! I originally showed Mrs. Lewis a picture I found online of a birthday invitation that I was wanting to create. I was just hoping she would be willing to cut out the Minnie Mouse heads on her fancy machine and I was going to do the rest... but she went above and beyond and made these adorable invitations! (see below) I made the "mistake" of showing her a website that had lots of Minnie Mouse decorations and such.... so she lovingly went to town creating the most precious handmade decorations.
The adorable invitations!
Decorations on the front door
and throughout the house...
Next, another crafty friend has a home embrodary business and made this shirt for Ellie... check out her website and see all of her handy work!
I was inspired to make a cake myself. I love baking and was up for the challenage. Yet another creative friend, Jennifer Williamson, had recently made birthday cakes for her little girls Princess and Toy Story themed parties. She was sweet enough to help me learn how to use fondant- which is SO MUCH EASIER THEN IT LOOKS!!! I had a lot of fun with the cake and look forward to making many more in the future.
Here is the cake before the ears and black ribbon went on...
Ellie's "Smash Cake"
THE Cake...with cupcakes
My sister, mom and Christa (AJ's sweet girlfriend) helped me get all the food ready and decorate the house. (Esteban helped hang the streamers as well) Before we knew it, people were ringing the door bell and the party was on!
Aunt Kelly and Teagan- 2 of Ellie's favorites!
The cake again.
Watching the J-E-T-S game before present time...only for you B. Strauss!
Our little family!
Ellie loved seeing all of her friends and it is so funny to watch her with different people. She is starting to recognize and remember certain friends and family members and has special ways of interacting with each. (I need to get more pictures with Ellie & her guests from the other cameras!!)
Ellie "reading" her picture book with Uncle AJ and Christa.
Ellie and her "Uncle Chuck"
Ellie was pretty good with opening the presents. She especially loved the toy phone Amber and Frank gave her. Brian and Meredith gave her a bag full of books- Ellie loves looking through books. When we were done opening presents Ellie clapped, so everyone started clapping...it was too cute.
Now time to play!!!


No comments:
Post a Comment