I'm not sure how many people still read this blog, but if nothing else it serves as an online journal for us. I really need to be better about recording special events and taking more pictures (with a camera, not my phone!) With that...
This spring has been a very busy time for us. It started out with Esteban and I looking at houses and talking about some major changes so that I can be home more with Ellie. Right now, we have a tag-team schedule of Esteban being home with Ellie in the morning and me going to work. As soon as I get home, Esteban goes to work and I am home with Ellie. My mom and Aunt Kelly have been a huge help with overlap times many days. Although this schedule has "worked," it has been hard rarely seeing each other during the week and with my school day having a rigid schedule, Esteban has to work around my schedule.
Although we still are looking into changes, they are looking a little different then we originally thought. Esteban is still pursuing his career with Chick-Fil-A and has also applied for some a few academic advising positions with universities in the southeast (Chattanooga in particular). We are really using this time to pray that the Lord will open up doors (or close doors) and make His path clear to us. I am excited to see what our future holds!
Esteban spent quality time with his dad during spring break. The timing worked out well- I was able to be home with Ellie and not have to worry about making arrangements for her. His dad has been ill and it was really great for Esteban to be able to spend this time with him.
I have 12 full school days and 3 half days of exams left! I am so excited to spend the summer home with Ellie! She will be 18 months old next week, hard to believe how fast this time has gone by! Ellie is walking/running around and having so much fun exploring EVERYTHING! She loves to give hugs and kisses to her family and "noses" to everyone. I love watching her play with Esteban, it is so funny how she is so rowdy with her and gentle with me. She loves "babies" (by babies I mean anyone under 10 years old) and dogs and yells out everytime she sees one! Ellie is a great eater and so far not too picky, which I hope stays with her. She is VERY smart...while doing laundry the other night, I gave her a few of her shirts and told her to put them away. She went in her room, opened the shirt drawer and put them in! I love having a little helper with the chores around the house :) She also starts saying "Mimi" everytime we pull into my parent's neighborhood! Ellie and my youngest brother, Dan, are best friends. She loves to play with him, especially basketball.
I will have to post pictures later...when I have time to download them on to the computer. Yah for Friday! Krissy has quarter finals of the State Championship game tonight and Prom tomorrow...then we have Mother's Day on Sunday...hopefully I will get some pictures from those events to put into here as well.
Jenn
No comments:
Post a Comment