Incase the extreme heat wasn't enough to remind me, Google reminded me today is the first day of summer! I have really enjoyed my summer break so far and hoping it goes by REALLY slow!
I have been pretty bad about updating this blog and I really want to do a better job. I use Facebook a lot to put quick pictures up of our happenings, but I really want to use this blog as a online journal for us, as well as sharing life and pray requests with family and friends. With that, here are some pictures from the end of April, May, and the beginning of June.
Right after Easter, our really good friend Donna Sugano came to town for the Orange Conference with Northpoint Church. Donna and her husband, Isao, were our Summer Staff Bosses the summer of 2004-when Esteban and I met! Donna and Isao have been supportive of our relationship since Day 1 and so thankful that they continue to be dear friends that walk through life with us...although they live in Santa Barbara, California and we don't get to see them too often.
Here's a little picture trip down memory lane...

Love them!

Hannah and Sarah at the Carnival - aren't they precious!
*The 3rd Sugano daughter, Rebekah, came along 9 months later :)

Esteban and I's first picture together, hanging out at the beach in La Jolla!
Donna flew in a little early so she could spend some time with us before checking into her hotel and getting things started. The conference was held at the Gwinnett Arena, so we were able to see her throughout the week as well. The conference ended Friday night with a private laser show at Stone Mountain Park...you know I couldn't turn down the offer to join! We had a lot of fun and great conversation while Donna was here. I am always so thankful for her wisdom and sweet friendship.
Lopez family at Settles Bridge Park- Chattahooche River
Donna and Ellie
Donna brough Ellie "5 Little Ducks" book as a special gift and it is truly Ellie's favorite book for me to read/sing to her.
My Aunt Kelly and her family watched Ellie so I could join Esteban at Ruth's Chris Steak House for a company dinner. We had a lot of fun out and enjoyed great food....Aunt Kelly and her girls had a lot of fun playing with Ellie as well!
Ellie and my cousin, Teagan, eating popsicles.

Ellie helping "Aunt Sissy" (can't say Krissy yet) washing the cars...in her diaper of course!
Ellie's uncles- Dan, Mike, & AJ- kept her entertained during Krissy's High School Graduation May 30, 2011 at the Gwinnett Arena. Ellie LOVES iphones and knows how to navigate around pretty well on them.
Ellie and "D" playing copy-cat.
Sweet Ellie and I.
My mom and her 4th graduate, Krissy!
The family (minus Esteban) after Krissy's graduation
Summer heat is no joke around here and we love anytime we can spend in a swimming pool! One of my best friends, Natalie, was in town with her daughter, Laurie, and we met up for a play date. Laurie and Ellie are 3 months a part and it is so much fun now that they are at the stage where they can interact and play. They were too cute playing with their "babies" and calling each other "baby." They both enjoyed snacks, books, splashing, and kisses from the dog!

No comments:
Post a Comment