Let me go ahead with the news and then I will tell the story...we found out today that we are having a baby GIRL!!!!
We were suppose to have a regular appointment at 8:30am today, with no ultrasound. When I got the confirmation voicemail for the appointment, it also said we had one at 3:00 and 3:30pm for an ultrasound and physical with the doctor. I called and the nurses didn't know who set me up for that appointment...I wanted to say "I'll take that one so I can see the baby and maybe find out the sex." So we get to the appointment this morning and the doctor took my blood pressure and all that and everything is good. Then she got this little hand-held device to listen to the baby's heart beat. We could hear movement, but she couldn't find the heartbeat. After about a minute the doctor said, "Looks like you get an ultrasound today!" I could hardly control myself, knowing we could find out what our precious baby is!!!
I was so excited we got our favorite ultrasound tech, Mary. She found the heartbeat right away and everything was good! The baby was in a little ball, which is why they had a hard time finding the heartbeat on the little device. After getting the baby to move around a bit, Mary told us she knew what it was, but asked Esteban if he had siblings and what they were (since the male determines the sex)....when he said he was the middle of three boys she said "Well you get to give your mom the first granddaughter!" Then Mary showed us on the screen and then turned on the light and showed us a picture of a boy vs. a girl ultrasound, which made it more confirming for us!
So that's my long story...but it was such a sweet day! Esteban and I called her parents right away, got some Chic-fil-a breakfast and then did a little browsing at Babys R Us! We are so excited to say "her" and "our daughter" now! It has been so much fun to share this joy and excitment with our family and dear friends. The Lord has been so faithful to us and I am on cloud nine right now! I am so thankful to still be feeling great and that everything is good with the baby and I.
Love you guys and can't wait to update more soon!
No comments:
Post a Comment