*Disclaimer: Sorry if there are any type-o's... I still have a bit of a migraine, but I am also so restless so typing while seeing occassional spots could cause some errors!
Yesterday we went to the doctor for our 20 week appointment. We almost didn't go because I had a terrible migraine and even threw up a few times right before we left (I haven't thrown up since middle school so I was pretty bummed my streak had come to an end).
Thankfully the ultrasound rooms are nice and dark so I felt great, and seeing our baby girl made me feel even better! I am not too good about remembering all the numbers, but she is doing great! She weighs 12oz (the nurse said to picture a coke can), heartbeat and all other measurements were great. Baby girl didn't want us to see her face, even put her arms across her face like an "X." We were able to get one good profile shot and some cute pictures of her feet and heads. Due to her shyness, we will get another ultrasound in 4 weeks to get those measurements. It is always so amazing to see her on the screen and to hear that she is doing great! The Lord has been so great to us and I pray He continues to bless us all throughout this pregnancy. God has taught me a whole new meaning of trust through this pregnancy. I can't see her all the time and I have to trust that I am eating right and taking care of myself as I should be and even more, I have to trust that the Lord is in control and has His hand on my body and our baby girl. Movement is still very light, but she is looking great so no worries for this mama!
After the ultrasound I was seeing spots in my eyes and my head was pounding, I was thankful the doctor was in for a total of 2 minutes. My heartbeat and weight gain are great. Esteban took me to Panera (which always makes me happy) and then we went home. I went straight to bed and he got to work on some rearranging and organizing around the house. We are waiting for an extra piece to come in so we can finish putting the bookcase together...I have already collected a few things to put on it! The dresser should be coming in this week and comes assembled! The crib is up and beautiful! Can't wait to get everything together so we can take some pictures for you all to see! I love the furniture we picked out and how everything is coming together so nicely.
We went to Babys R Us Monday to register, trying to get as much done now while we have the time (once school, volleyball, and Young Life pick up we will busy until she arrives). We had a lot of fun and to Esteban's surprise it didn't take too long. We went online once we got home to play around with it some more, they offer a lot more online then in the store. We also registered for a few things at Target online as well. Great to check that off the list!
I am so thankful for being a teacher and having this time in the summer to get so much done! I don't like to sit still too much (except for days like yesterday and today when I have a migraine). The baby is definitely helping me relax more. Soon, I am going to have to start getting ready for the school year...AHHH!!! Volleyball open gyms start the 23rd and teachers go back August 1st! It has been a great summer, but seems like the end is creeping up to quickly!
Thanks for all your love and prayers! Our next appointment is August 7th- ultrasound at 2:30pm and then I have a 1 hour appointment for the glucose test (pray that goes well!)
No comments:
Post a Comment