Tuesday, December 8, 2009

3 weeks old!

Hey there! Hope you are all doing well. It is SO cold and rainy here today. Ellie and I are staying warm and dry inside today. I'm sure you all are as excited as we are about Christmas season!! We have our decorations up, but I haven't even started shopping yet.
I promised myself and Esteban I would dye my hair back to my "natural" color after Ellie was born (you can't dye your hair, pnly highlight, while pregnant). I like it lighter, but it is too much work and money to keep up with. Este had off yesterday so he hung out with Ellie while I went to my hair appointment. The stylist was super sweet, but it took WAY longer then I expected and it is WAY darker then I expected or what the stylist and I discussed. I was anxious to get home and thought maybe I was just in shock because it was SO different, but now that I slept on it (literally and figuratively) and shower and styled it myself, I still don't love it. I'm debating going back, but I don't want to damage my hair by coloring it too much in a short time frame. It isn't horrible by any means, just a very dark brown! Anyway, that's about all the new and exciting things for me right now.
Ellie is doing awesome! She slept almost 6 hours last night, then 3 1/2 hour intervals since then- makes up for the 3 nights before that she was waking up every 2 hours to eat! That was interesting. I can't believe she will be a month old already!!! Esteban and I LOVE being parents and have so much fun with Ellie already! She is still so little, but starting to fit into more of her clothes. So much fun to watch her grow!
Esteban is enjoying his job and learning a lot. I am so proud of how hard he is working. He had a company Christmas party on Sunday- food and games and then they rented a theatre at the movies for everyone to see "The Blind Side." My mom offered to watch Ellie for us so we could both go. I am so thankful that she lives close and that she is so willing to help us out! It was great to meet all the people he is working with and finally put a name with a face. (Este started working the week before Ellie was born so I didn't really have a chance to meet anyone) If you haven't seen it, GO SEE THE BLIND SIDE! It is a great movie and story!
Well I guess that's about it for now. Below are lots of pictures of sweet Ellie at 3 weeks old! Love you guys!!
**If you have Facebook, sorry these are the same pictures.

Wide awake in the middle of the night!! Decided I'd take some pictures since she was in such a great mood :) Happy baby!
Silly face

Showing us her strength...and not happy about picture time, she'd rather be held.

Being funny.

Ballerina feet.

Hanging out, loving that passy!

Sweet girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment