Sunday, October 25, 2009

School Baby Showers!

Everyone at Meadowcreek (the high school I teach at) has been so sweet and loving to me since I have been there, especially this year since I am pregnant. They are always checking on me and making sure I'm doing well. The students sometimes get too personal with questions and wanting to touch my stomach 24/7, but it is sweet that they care about me and are interested. My department is always good about celebrating birthdays or other special occasions within our little group, so they organized a school baby shower for me. Katie and I coached volleyball together and have become good friends since I started teaching last year, she was the main organizer of the shower and it was a lot of fun! I got some adorable outfits for Ellie- including a pink fur coat!! Anyone who knows me, knows I am not too into that sort of thing, but this one is sooooo cute! It's for 3-6 months so I hope she is big enough to wear it when it's cold!

On Fridays, my two Intro to Early Childhood Education classes have "Fun Friday." Students sign up for a Friday and are to come up with an activity for children any where from ages 2-6. They are required to bring in enough supplies for the entire class to participate, have a lesson plan to turn into me, etc. since we don't have children they can practice with. Well, this week the student assigned got the class together and had a surprise baby shower for me! I honestly had no idea! They had another teacher talk to me in the hall until the bell rang so they could set everything up. There was even a hostess who had games planned, cake, and gifts! It was a great way to end the week!

I have been starting to feel a LOT more pressure on my pelvis and occasional mild cramps and "acheyness." The doctor said these are all good and normal symptoms...I am anxious to go to the doctor Wednesday and see how everything is looking. I can't believe how close we are now!!! I have a hospital bag ready to go and definitely been feeling the "nesting" symptoms because I want everything in the house to be perfect all the time. I guess in my mind I want it all to be together so whenever it may be that we go to have her, we can come home to a clean house...not like it's not going to be messy once she gets here! LOL

I did not sleep well at all last night, so I slept in- missed church, but I am feeling good and rested. It is beautiful today so I think Esteban and I are going to go on a walk at Little Mulberry Park and then I have to get ready for my Young Life baby shower today! All of the girls have been so excited about the baby since we told them at the end of last school year and I love being able to share this with them, and EVERYONE!

I really need to post pictures sometime in the near future! I promise I will soon! Thanks for your love, support and prayers!

No comments:

Post a Comment