This past weekend was my sister, Krissy's, 17th birthday...we had a little cook-out at my parent's house. My brother, Mikey, is home for a few weeks from Boise State and has had fun hanging out with Ellie in the afternoons while my mom is watching her. I am SO thankful that my mom has been able to help us out so much with Ellie and can't wait for the week to end and I will be FREE for the SUMMER!!!! I think I have already mention it in a previous post, but I am so blessed to have a job where I get the summer off to be with Ellie and more time with Esteban!! Below are a few pictures from Krissy's birthday, along with the fun RAINBOW cake I made her. I got the idea from http://blantonbaby.blogspot.com/
Ellie and I with the birthday girl!
Pretty girls!
Chillin' with Uncle Mikey
some of the family.
sweet baby girl.
starting to make the cake...it was so easy and lots of fun! Here is a brief idea of how to make it.
1.You need two boxes of white cake mix, food coloring and icing (recipe called for homemade icing, but since this whole rainbow thing was new I didn't want to risk it and went with the store bought kind)
2. Prepare the cake mix as directed on the box.
3. Separate the first box into 3 bowls- about 1 1/4 cups each and use the food coloring to make purple, blue and green. I started with the bottom of the rainbow so I could start icing as they cooled. I thought about just doing fun colors too, so be creative! Repeat with the second box- yellow, orange and red.
4. I only have 2 round pans so obviously only cooked 2 at a time. Once the purple and blue cakes cooled I iced, layered and iced and then put it in the freezer for one hour- the recipe called for this since the cake gets heavy with all the layers and makes icing easier.
5. After an hour, repeat the layer, icing, layer, icing process with green and yellow...then freeze another hour.
No comments:
Post a Comment