Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Baby Shower for Ellie!

This past Sunday, I was "showered" with gifts for Ellie! My mom, my sister (Krissy), and 3 of my good friends (Amber, Britney, Lauren) all worked together to plan the best baby shower! I am so thankful for all the time and energy they put into it! Britney was in Atlanta for the weekend so she came over Sunday morning and we went over to my mom's house together. On the way over I was telling her how I really wanted to visit my family in New York...we walked into my mom's house to find my Aunt Gail and cousin, Liz, standing in the kitchen!!!! They had surprised us all and flew in for the shower! I know it sounds cheesey, but it was the best gift I could of asked for! It was soo good to see them and get some pregnant pictures together with Liz!

Diaper Cake with home-made candy pacifiers by Britney!!




Amazingly yummy cake from Publix!

Cookies Amber made as the party favor- they were sooo good!
She used the recipe from kitchengifts.com

Center piece basket my mom put together.

Aunt Gail, Liz, me and Mom

The girls on the St. George side (minus Danielle)

Liz almost 16 weeks and me almost 32 weeks!

I was overjoyed with EVERYONE that was able to come! Before we played the games Amber and Lauren organized, they had everyone go around the room and say their name and how they knew me. I just love having so many special people in my life all together in one place! We had lots of good food (Britney's mom, Debbie, even brought chicken salad from the Apple Cake Tea Room in Knoxville, TN- my favorite!)

Britney and her mom, Debbie

Wonderful hostess, Amber and Lauren

Life long friends-Natalie, Amber and Lauren

My cousin Keelin, Aunt Kelly, mom, & Aunt Gail eating on the deck

Some of the ladies

Amber and Lauren explaining game #1- guessing the "diameter" of my belly

Passing the string around...making guesses (Mrs. Scates in the white sweater won!)

Britney making her prediction...

Julie Scott and Christy Howard guessing baby foods- game #2

Liz went the safe route smelling before tasting!

Haley "sampling" the baby foods.

Christa (AJ's girlfriend) showing how yummy that baby food is!



I can't thank everyone enough for all the love and support Esteban and I have received! We can't wait for Ellie to be loved by everyone!

Sweet (and VERY soft) blanket my Grandma made- the tag said "Made with Love by Great Grandma"
Everyone said "AWW" when I opened it :)

*The invitation asked everyone to bring their favorite children's book...this was one of my favorite things about the shower! It is so neat how everyone has their family's favorite book and now they are all a part of Ellie's first book collection! Many of the books have personal notes to Ellie inside, something we will always treasure!

Jamie and Caitlin Raines drove in from Clemson for the day to be at the shower! I started "babysitting" these awesome girls when I was 12!

Joannie, Kelly, Jamie and Caitlin Raines with Krissy, mom and I. So happy they came!!

My sister, Krissy, and her good friend Erin Miller

Sherry Miller- dear friend of my mom and also great family friend to Esteban and I as part of our Young Life committee.

Aunt Gail, mom, and Aunt Kelly

Esteban came by at the end to see everyone and help gather up all the wonderful gifts!

**THANK YOU to EVERYONE**
We are so blessed and thankful for all the love and wonderful gifts!

**My sweet mother-in-law, Grandma, Aunt Mary and dear friend, Lisa, all sent wonderful gifts although they were not able to be there in person**

1 comment:

  1. baby showers are so much fun and it looks like you had a great one! i especially love the book idea. camden wasn't into books (much to my dismay) until around his first birthday, when he turned a corner and started to love books (much to my delight). now his favorite thing to do is "read" books! not too much longer now! i am sure you are getting excited! :)

    ReplyDelete