Friday, September 18, 2009

The Big 3-0

30 weeks (7 1/2 months) today! Very exciting to hit the 30s now! I can't say enough how thankful I am to continue to have such a great pregnancy! The baby has started to move so much more and it is so fun to watch my stomach move all over the place! My biggest craving lately has been breakfast food! I haven't been able to wear my wedding ring since this summer and I miss it!!! My fingers aren't too big in the mornings, but by the time I end volleyball practice in a hot gym they are huge!


I realized that although it has never been a secret, we haven't officially announced what our daughter's name is! As soon as the tech told us we are having a GIRL, Esteban said "Ellie" was the first name that came to mind. We both liked that name from the beginning so I said "Sounds good to me!" and that was it! Her full name is Elizabeth Mackenzie Lopez. Elizabeth was my great-grandmother's name (on my mom's side), my mom's middle name and my cousin's name (Liz). To add to the fun family connections, Esteban's mom's middle name is Isabel, which is the Spanish version of Elizabeth. I really wanted to use a family name so it was a perfect fit! We originally liked Rhyan or Mackenzie as the middle name...I really wanted to use Rhyan, but Esteban and I have decided to go with Mackenzie. We both went to The University of Tennessee at Chattanooga and Esteban really wanted to use Mackeznie because of the Mackenzie Arena on UTC's campus (the Mackenzie Arena is also where Este worked as an academic advisor his first year out of college). Decision is officially made, no more changes! :)


Today was our 30 week doctor's appointment, which went great! The doctor said my weight, blood pressure, uterus size and baby's heart beat are all perfect! Can't get better news then that! Got to love short and sweet doctor's appointments!


Thanks for all your love and prayers. It has been so much fun to share this experience with everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment