Friday, November 20, 2009

All is good!

After still not feeling great today, I called the doctor and got a late afternoon appointment. I didn't think it was anything serious, but wanted to have a peace of mind since it was the weekend. Thankfully, nothing is wrong. My blood pressure is actually really good- phew- and the doctor thinks my pains are just related to breast feeding. The nurse I saw before the doctor came in is actually the lactation specialist, so I was able to ask her some questions and tips. Needless to say, I can now enjoy the weekend and Thanksgiving week with a peace.
Ellie and I had a lot of fun today. I am trying to get her adjusted to some what of a schedule. We are going with a 2-3 hour eating schedule, much more realistic for her then 4 hours like the NICU had her on. She kept waking up "early" needing a "snack" as they called it- I think she just isn't big enough to handle that long yet.
We are enjoying relaxing with Esteban's parents and Ellie is sleeping peacefully. She is really a great baby. Once she is changed and fed, she is content- either asleep or awake. I am so excited about Thanksgiving- Ellie's first holiday!

3 comments:

  1. Hey...girl! Beautiful little one. My Lillie was in the NICU for five weeks so I know how you feel about all the nurses...So funny...I loved the four hour schedule!!! As you can imagine. Anyway, I love doing a schedule and I love nursing...it makes me happy!!! Give yourself a month with it...it will get easier. I know you have lots of girls in your life but if you need anything I would love to chat and tell you what worked for me!!! Remember, every baby is different and every mama is different...you will figure out what is best for your precious little family!!! i loved reading this, such a JOY! Much much love, Masaschi

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks soo much!!! gosh, 5 weeks! just one week felt like forever! we were so blessed by that time, as odd as it is to say im sure you understand. hope you and your family have a great thanksgiving!!! lots to be thankful for :) im sure i will be asking questions soon enough! thanks for the love and prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. jennifer,

    like i was telling you before, camden was in the hospital (as was i) for a week after he was born, and i was ultimately grateful for the experience the same way you are. i was blessed that i got to stay in the hospital with him and never had to leave him. it was great that we spent that time there because by the time i left, i had seen the lactation consultant (for free!) so many times that i felt like a pro with the breastfeeding! i felt so much more comfortable taking camden home and caring for him since we had so much help those first 6 days! i was much less anxious and nervous than a lot of my friends have been taking their newborns home for the first time. i think it is great that you have been able to look at the silver lining in this situation! i am so happy for you that ellie is home now, and if you need anything, let me know!!!

    ReplyDelete