Ellie is an all-star! She was moved to the "annex" nursery, which only has 6 babies and is the last one before she is sent home. It is more like an overflow nursery when things are really busy in the NICU. She is doing so well- finished her antibiotic today and off everything! (she still has the heart rate monitor on her, but that's it!) The nurses "orders" from the doctor said Ellie is "scheduled" to be discharged Thursday or Friday! I say scheduled because Ellie is still the one who will determine that. Ellie passed her hearing screening again (they have to do another one to leave the NICU). It has been so much fun getting to breast feed her and figure her out. She eats great for about 30 minutes, burps and all that good stuff. She starts to fall asleep and you would think she is done, but about 5-10 minutes later she is screaming because she wants her "dessert" as the nurses and I call it. She will eat just a little more from a bottle, burp and fall asleep for 3-4 hours. I LOVE LOVE LOVE when she is awake and alert. My mom has been driving me back and forth to the hospital and it has been so much fun to share this experience with her. It is crazy to watch a grandma's love for her granddaughter! Esteban's parents are flying into Atlanta tonight and will be here until Sunday morning. They are SO EXCITED to meet their first granddaughter as well! Ellie is such a lucky girl with all the overflowing love from everyone around her, especially her grandparents!
Esteban and I are so blessed and have really seen the Lord work through this time. Now that we are coming to an end, I can really say that I have cherished this time. Obviously, it is not where I would of thought I would be the first week of Ellie's life...but the nurses have been incredible and I have learned so much by spending time with Ellie and in their care. They have honestly met my "emotional needs" by just chatting and sitting with me while I feed her. They answer any and every question with such patience, but also talk about things outside the baby. I have felt more then confident with their care and knowledge. While learning to be a mom for the first time, they have given me a lot of extra tips and advice that I would of never even thought to try. The Lord has been so good to us and this time has really drawn me closer to HIM!
My sweet Aunt D sent me this encouragement this morning: For that which the Lord gives us the biggest challenge also brings us our greatest joy! Esteban and I have truly grown closer to each other and the LORD through this time and I can't wait to see what He has in store for our family!
I will update you guys as soon as we get an official word about when Ellie is coming home! Thank you all for your love, prayers, and encouragement!!! Please continue to pray for her to remain healthy and strong and that we would continue to lift her up to the Lord.
Love you guys,
Jenn
No comments:
Post a Comment