Monday, November 16, 2009

Great Day!


Ellie is doing awesome! Her oxygen level is down to 21% (which is what we breathe) and they lowered it from 4 liters earlier today to 2 liters tonight! (I think it's liters, but I can't keep all the terminology straight right now). When Esteban and I left at 9:30 pm tonight the nurse said Ellie could be off oxygen by the morning! Once she is off oxygen it will be 48 hours before she can come home- so as of now, she will be home Thursday on the earliest. She has been being fed by bottles since 12 pm this afternoon, which is another huge step forward! I fed her a bottle at 3 pm and Esteban fed her a bottle at 9 pm. They have increased her milk intake as well. All good things! Ellie is now wearing a onezie, which I love! She was in just a diaper before and I hated seeing all the heart rate wires and such attached to her. The nurse put a pretty bright blue onezie with a watermelon on today and we brought one of her own for her to wear tomorrow. 
Esteban has been doing so awesome with Ellie and I love seeing him kiss and hold her! On top of being less than 2 weeks into a new job and having a baby, he has had incredible patience with me. I am so thankful for such a loving and hardworking husband. He is starting back to work tomorrow, which he is excited about- I pray that he gets enough rest with everything going on. 
Thanks for all the love and support!! I will update you guys tomorrow with more good news! The Lord is so faithful! It has been such an incredible experience to see God's love and faithfulness. The best thing we can be doing for Ellie is trust in Him and fall on our knees before Him. 

No comments:

Post a Comment