Tuesday, November 24, 2009

1st Doctors Appointment

Ellie had her first doctors appointment yesterday (Monday) and everything went very well. She now weighs 7 lbs and 1 oz and the doctor said everything else looks perfectly healthy- Praise the Lord! Over the weekend we noticed she was breathing a little heavy and her nostrils would flare up every now and then...these were the signs the nurses noticed that brought her to the NICU originally, so we were obviously concerned. We ended up taking Ellie to Children's Health Care of Atlanta on Saturday night just to make sure everything was ok- luckily it was just nasal congestion :) We were glad we took her and can now rest peacefully, but it was Esteban's parents last night in town so we hated not being able to enjoy that time with them.
Today, my mom came over to watch Ellie for the first time...so I could go to the dentist. I am so thankful my family is close by and willing to help us out! We are blessed to have lots of great family friends that have been more and more like family lately as well. The dentist originally thought I needed a root canal, which I put off during the pregnancy because it did not hurt. Thankfully, I only had to get a crown put on it...saved a few hours of pain!
We are loving being home and enjoying our precious daughter! Esteban can't wait to hold Ellie when he gets home from work. He has off work for Thanksgiving and we are excited to relax and enjoy lots of good food!! I am looking forward to hanging out with my family, especially my brother Mikey- who is coming home from college! He is at Boise State and hasn't been home since the end of the summer.
Hope all of you have a blessed Thanksgiving and enjoy your time with family and friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment