love, Esteban, Jenn and Ellie
Saturday, November 14, 2009
ELLIE IS HERE!
I will be sure to update a detailed blog with the whole "birth story" soon, but I wanted to go ahead and update Ellie's status so you all could be praying for her. About 24 hours after Ellie was born (I think it was 2 am) the nurse came into our room and told us that Ellie was breathing irregular (respiratory distress) and that they were going to bring her down to the NICU. The nurse was very calm the way she told us, so I didn't freak out right away. I was having really bad cramps at this point, so Esteban went with the nurse to watch them bring her down and get situated. He went down again around 5 am and sat with her for a while. She was on oxygen and an IV and they started an antibiotic incase there was an infection. She has been breathing on her own the entire time. There are more details, but long story short she is doing well and responding to the treatments they are giving her. Last night she was moved from nursery A to nursery C- which is a huge step and one step closer to home. She is off the IV for nutrients and 100% on my breast milk. Due to her irregular breathing, she is being fed through a tube. She has a little oxygen and the IV for the antibiotic still. From what we gather from all the nurses, doctor, and nurse practitioner we spoke with, this is all and waiting and TRUSTING game right now. Ellie is continuing to do great and we are so proud of her! She is beautiful and I can't wait to post pictures soon. My dad took a ton the first day she was born that I will have to get from him. Please pray that she continues to improve and get strong. As much as we want her home, we know and trust that she is in the best place for her right now. We got to hold her a few times yesterday, but it is really better for her to let her rest and get strong without any interruptions. Esteban has been amazing the entire time (again, I promise to give more details soon!) Thank you for your prayers and love! I will continue to update on here as needed.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
oh my goodness, i will pray right away! we were in the hospital with camden for a week after he was born so i somewhat know what you are going through. please let me know if there is anything, in any capacity, that i can do to help you even if it's just lending an ear. :)
ReplyDeleteBaby girls are very feisty ones!!! We KNOW Baby Ellie will grow stronger each day and pull through with flying colors!!
ReplyDeleteWe will keep the prayers coming.
Love you ALL !!
Aunt D
Sorry I missed your call. Sounds like Ellie is doing well....Glad to hear it. We will keep All of you in our thoughts and prayers. Please remember to take care of yourself. Love to Este. Hang in there, she will be home soon!!!Love Aunt Gail
ReplyDelete