Although we were only in the NICU a week, I feel like I became friends with so many of the nurses. I can't say enough how sweet and caring they were, not only for Ellie- but for me too. Once Esteban got off work he came to the hospital so we could take our little girl home. It brings tears to my eyes just thinking about it even now. It's crazy how long a week can seem! Words cannot express how happy we are to be home!!!! My mom and in-laws met us at the house and we all hung out with Ellie. My mom's good friends, Sherry and Claudia, brought dinner over for us. We are so blessed by all those around us who truly treat us like family. Can't wait for you all to meet Ellie! I'm sure I will be posting lots of pictures soon!
One prayer request I have is for me...the reason I ended up being induced was because my blood pressure was a little high. They have done blood work several times and everything is fine, I honestly think it is from stress. After I was 37 weeks and met with my long term sub, I was mentally done with being at school. This past week has not helped me be less stressed by any means. I have been having occasional sharp pains in my chest. The nurses don't seem to be too concerned, but if it continues over the weekend I will probably call my doctor on Monday. Please pray that I would REST and that everything is fine with my blood pressure and that I'm healthy.
Thanks again for all your love! The fun part can officially begin!!! Can't wait to update on Miss Ellie as she grows!
Ken and I are so glad to hear that Ellie is home and healthy! I'm sure you are enjoying your time together at home, hopefully not too stressed about anything! Ellie is beautiful and I can't wait to see more pics!
ReplyDeleteI am so glad to hear that Ellie is home!!! What a week you have had but am so glad everything is fine and that she is finally home where she belongs. I too had high blood pressure after I had Elisabeth, I was put on blood pressure medicine for 2 weeks and was told to check my blood pressure daily. After I was off to the medicine it was better than normal. I pray that you too will be that lucky, it is very stressful carrying a baby and I know the feeling of being "checked out" of school as you await the arrival. Rest as much as you can and enjoy that little girl!!!
ReplyDeleteGreat news! I am so happy that Ellie is home and well. And I am happy for Jennifer and Esteban. Enjoy your precious Ellie. My thoughts are with you all. I will pray specifically for Jennifer’s blood pressure to return to normal. Love, Uncle Jim
ReplyDeleteCongratulations!! Ellie is beautiful and so glad she is home!
ReplyDelete