Ellie is doing awesome!!! We are so proud of her. The nurse took her off oxygen at midnight last night and she has been doing great ever since. She is on an "on demand" feeding schedule- meaning she can eat when ever she wants, as much as she wants. I was planning on getting there at 9 am to try to breastfeed her for the first time. The nurse called when we were about 10 minutes from the hospital saying Ellie was crying and couldn't get her to stop so she was going to go ahead and feed her a bottle- which was fine by me, I'd rather her be happy and try at the next feeding. I got there for the end of it and she was so alert and had her eyes wide open! So much fun! She was waving her hand in the air and all the sudden saw it, so she focused in on it with her eyes. I went back for the next feeding and Ellie did awesome with breastfeeding! The lactation consultant was very impressed with her :) As of right now, Ellie has to finish off her antibiotic, be off oxygen for 48 hours and get another x-ray of her lungs to make sure everything is perfect! The nurse predicts she will be home FRIDAY! Esteban and I can not wait for her to be home and we can hold her and kiss her all we want. It melts my heart how in love he is with his baby girl!
Below are a few pictures I took of her today with her little pink headband. She is so sweet and I am so in love!
!!!!!! great news! congratulations! i am so happy for you! that is great news on the breastfeeding too; kudos to you for sticking with it, i am sure it is not easy since you didn't get off to the ideal start! if you need any encouragement on that topic, let me know, i am very passionate about it and would do anything i could to help! yay yay yay for ellie and mommy!!!
ReplyDeletethanks jenn! yes, it is such a relief that that breastfeeding is going great thus far! she is a feisty one, i love it! ellie is a week old today, i have to keep trusting the lord's timing because it is getting a little old driving back and forth to the hospital and not being able to take her and hold her anytime i want! she WILL be home by the weekend so i just have to keep the positive attitude going a little longer. thanks for the prayers and ENCOURAGEMENT! we will for sure have to get together sometime once things calm down!
ReplyDelete